Koeksisters Recipe : A koeksister (or koe’sister) gets from the Dutch word koekje, which means “cookie”. There are two famous variants of this South African syrup-covered doughnut: an Afrikaner adaptation which is a curved or plaited shape (like a plait) and a Cape Malay form which is a zesty treat completed off with a sprinkling of coconut. It is arranged by profound singing plaited batter comes in oil, then plunging the fricasseed mixture into chilly sugar syrup. Koeksisters are exceptionally sticky and sweet and pose a flavor like honey.
- 2 Cups cake flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 4 tbsp. of butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of water
- Oil for frying
Syrup for the Koeksisters Recipe
- 1 kg of sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Juice of one lemon
Method to make Koeksisters Recipe :
- Mix sugar in water and boil.
- Add flavours and lemon squeeze and heat to the point of boiling
- You can mix in a teaspoon or two of cream of tartar instead of lemon juice
- Leave the Sugar overnight in refrigerator to cool
- Filter flour salt & heating powder
- Rub in butter and blend until flexible.
- Blend with egg and water, including the water a little at once, work well.
- Don’t be focused on if the mixture gets extremely sticky and clusters simply keep on living up to expectations the batter and it will collect nicely
- Leave the mixture to rest at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours under the inverted mixing bowl
Make the Koeksisters :
- Roll the dough to around 5 mm thick. Your Koeksisters will puff up in the frier.
- Cut into strips 5 cm long 2 cm wide.
- Cut each one strip into 3 strips yet not through the top, now plait (interlace) the dough and squeeze it toward the end. Then again you can inexactly curve 2 strips.
- Deep fry the mixture until golden brown color comes – remove and drain quickly as you are going to plunge the hot Koeksisters into your syrup.
- Dipping when syrup is cold and koeksisters are hot into syrup is vital to get the perfect add up to syrup absorbed into the koeksisters to get that sweet pop that everybody love.
See Other Recipes
Latest posts by Shipra (see all)
- Niter kibbeh or Spiced Butter Recipe | Mitran Da Dhaba - November 18, 2016
- Salted Oatmeal Cookies Recipe | Mitran Da Dhaba - November 14, 2016
- Chili Balls Recipe | Best Easy To Make Recipes - September 19, 2016